Three-Chamber Sedimentation Box for determining suspended sediment loads
The Sedimentation Box is used to collect the sediment load of flowing water (active and passive). It was developed for integrative sampling of natural waters and is particularly suitable for environmental examination (or monitoring) over longer periods of time. Furthermore, it can be used to control water quality or monitor technical processes in public water systems, e.g. in sewage treatment plants or pumping stations.
The construction of the device as a three-chamber system allows very light and small suspended matter, including microplastics (<1 g/cm³ and >1 g/cm³) to be separated from flowing waters or industrial processes. Standing waters can be sampled with the help of an external pump.
The use of one device in different aquatic systems enables comparability of suspended sediment loads. The Three-Chamber Sedimentation Box thus closes a methodological gap for the systematic determination of the transport and fate of suspended matter in different types of freshwater bodies.
The deposition rates have been validated within the framework of the BMBF's RUSEKU project.
Standard model recommended by the UBA.
- reliable qualitative and (if the flow rate is known) quantitative recording: low tolerances of the internal dimensions, shape stability, no flow-relevant parts inside, publications on deposition rates are available
- in contrast to random sampling, impact loads can be recorded
- Universally applicable: flexible due to various attachments, allows active as well as passive use in the field and laboratory, active flow through by means of external pump, integrative observation over long periods possible with passive use
- robust and contamination-free construction made of stainless steel
- high-quality welding technology, thus pressure-tight
- easy sampling
- cost-saving and efficient option for measuring water quality
- water management
- Cities and municipalities
- Freshwater as a natural resource
|HxWxD internal dimensions||165 x 400 x 300 mm|
|HxWxD external dimensions||208 x 450 x 350 mm|
|Inlet and outlet inner diameter||22 mm|
|Material||stainless steel V2A, surface electropolished|
|Material thickness||2 mm|
|Weight (empty/filled)||16,5 / approx. 37 kg|
|Max. Flow volume||5 l/min|
|Optimum flow volume||2-2,5 l/min|
|Inlet adapter||100 mm or customized lengths possible|
|End caps for removal|
|1980650||Three-Chamber Sedimentation Box, medium||400 x 300 x 165 mm|
|1980600||Three-Chamber Sedimentation Box, large||600 x 450 x 200 mm|
|Accessories:||expandable tubes, sealing caps|
Various adapters for integration into systems